Hi everyone, welcome back to our agent training video blog where we bring you relevant information to increase your business and make 2013 one of your best years yet!
Today I wanted to talk about your listing presentation. We all have this fancy technology to wow the sellers with pictures, but one of the things we forget is to keep it simple. As an agent you need a listing plan of action in writing to present to your client.
I have an example of a typical plan. It’s simple powerful. It reads:
“My objections are as following
1. To assist in getting as many qualified buyers as possible into your home until it’s sold
2. To communicate to your weekly the results of our activities.
3. To assist you in negotiating the highest dollar value between you and the buyer”
These are very basic objectives but they are very powerful. One of the biggest complaints sellers have with their agents isn’t that their home didn’t sell, but that there was hardly any communication from the agent after listing.
After you present your basic objectives you need to follow up with at least 18 different points on how you will proactively get their home sold. I will give you a few we use.
1. To submit your home to a local multiple listing service
2. To price your home competitively to open the market versus narrowing the market
3. Promote your home at company sales meetings
4. Develop a list of features of your home for the brokers to use with potential buyers
5. Submit your home to agents in the market place where potential buyers are in areas that the agents and clients are looking
6. Suggest and advise as to any changes you may want to make in property to make it more sellable
7. Constantly update you as to any changes in the current market
8. Prospect for ‘x’ amount of hours and talking to ‘x’ amount of people for prospective buyers
9. Contact over the next 7 days my buyer leads and past clients for their referrals and prospective buyers
10. Add additional exposure through a professional sign and lock box
11. Whenever possible prequalify prospective buyers
12. Keep you aware of the various methods of financing that a buyer may want to use
13. When possible have the cooperating broker tour your home
14. Follow up on sales people that have shown your home for their feedback and responses in writing
15. Assist you in arranging in term financing if needed
16. Represent you on all offer presentations and assist you negotiating the best possible price
17. Handle all the follow up upon a contract being accepted including mortgage, title and other procedures
18. Deliver your check at the closing
So that’s a very simple yet powerful listing plan of action. You can add more points! If anyone wants a sample plan of action, shoot me quick email and I can help you with that!